10. The Twitter feed that gives me interesting quotes, facts and heads up on library events.
9. The variety of programs that I can attend. (I personally like the musical programs, the new movie series and that the teens are developing some of their own programs.)
8. The DCPL Facebook page (I feel more connected to my community and love seeing some of the dialogue.)
7. The downloadable eAudiobooks some of which can be found in MP3 format. (Check out NetLibrary using GALILEO). eAudiobooks are only available from outside the library buildings.
6. The number of electronic resources that are available to me for free as a member of the Library. (Check out the Reference Database page.)
5. The e-mail pre-notification that I get when my material is almost due.
4. The variety of movies that are available on DVD.
3. The hold request system. It is great to think of a book, go to the computer, place a request and have the item sent to my current branch. (It usually takes very little time if the item is in. My home library-not this county- takes usually several weeks even with the book on the shelf.)
2. The wi-fi that is becoming available to more branches. (It works perfectly with my iPod touch and I can surf on my lunch hour.)
1. The variety of books available for my reading pleasure. If the library does not have it, I can suggest that they consider buying a copy for the system or I can use the Interlibrary Loan service to borrow the book from another library system.
What are you thankful about your library? Would you rank my top ten list differently?